Bransford Lodge Limited
Trading as the Bank House Hotel, Spa and Golf
Your privacy is important to us, we always strive to manage your personal information with integrity and respect. Earning your trust as we protect your privacy is at the core of what we do every day. We are committed to:
- Being transparent about data management
- Simplifying our policies and making your choices clear
- Making sure you have control of your own data
We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store your personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use and share your personal information.
- Our Software as a Service platform
- Our property Management System
- Social media
- Directly through our various outlets (Spa, Golf, Accommodation)
(we’ll refer to these as services throughout the rest of this policy)
This also relates to any information that you provide to us in person, for example at meetings or exhibitions, by email, phone or SMS, letters and other correspondence.
- What information we may collect about you
- How we will use the information we collect about you
- When we may use your details to contact you
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding personal information that you provide to us
Naturally, we are committed to keeping your personal information safe and while we take every possible effort to safeguard this you should be aware that no website can be completely secure, therefore if you have concerns that your account could have been compromised please contact us right away.
If you feel that we have not been able to deal with your concerns and you have a complaint, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner, which you can do by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) directly, or through their website ~ www.ico.org.uk.
Who are we?
Bransford Lodge Limited is the registered company that trades as Bank House Hotel;
a UK based privately owned hotel and Golf Club, providing various services to the public.
What information will the Bank House Hotel, Spa and Golf collect about me?
When you connect with us, for example, to reserve a bedroom, book an event, become a member of our spa or golf club, make an enquiry via our website or social media, this may be in person, via email or telephone, or via a third party website we may receive personal information about you. This may include information such as your name, gender, e-mail address, telephone or mobile number and postal address. Some of our services allow you to sign in using a third-party service such as Twitter or LinkedIn; if you choose to use this method you will be presented with a box that will ask your permission to allow us to access your personal information (e.g. your full name, e-mail address and any other information that you have made publicly accessible). Any information that is not required by the particular service you wish to use will not be retained by us.
How will you use the information you collect about me?
We use your personal information in a number of ways to enhance the service we provide to you:
- To provide you with our services, to deal with requests and enquiries about online content.
- To contact you about any booking or reservation you’ve made including content provided.
We may analyse the information you supply and your activity on our services so that we can offer a more relevant tailored service. If you are have subscribed to email updates and newsletters you will continue to receive these in regard to the aspect of the business which you have expressed an interest. If you no longer wish to receive this you may unsubscribe at any time by using the link at the bottom of the emails sent or by sending an email to our data controller.
In the event that we propose using your personal information for any other uses, we will notify you.
When will you contact me?
You may be contacted by us for the following reasons:
- In response to correspondence, we receive from you or any comments or complaints about our services.
- To update you on any activities that are taking place at the Bank House Hotel, Spa and Golf, including but not limited to news items, special offers and promotions.
- In relation to an event or venue enquiry that you have made.
- To invite you to take part in surveys relating to our services
- In order to ensure that we can deliver your service, for example, to verify your email and or contact details.
- For marketing purposes
Contact for marketing purposes
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this. We may
personalise the message contact based on information you have supplied to us and your use of our
services. We provide regular and ad hoc newsletters and email updates.
We may also use your personal information to show you relevant advertising on third party websites, for example, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Sharing your personal information
We will share your information with selected Third Parties. We share the information that you have supplied or answered within the questionnaires with the relevant supplier. The supplier uses this to profile you; this enables them to send you targeted communications.
We use the information to provide you with quotations, contracts and information related to your enquiry, or membership.
How long will you keep my information?
We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary, for example, to maintain your interest. If you wish for us to no longer keep your information we will ensure that your personal information is deleted immediately and the remaining information is anonymised for analytical purposes.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right by law to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request collection of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data; and
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
How can I delete my personal information?
If you no longer wish to keep in contact with us and require your data to be deleted please email us
How can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
The Data Protection Act gives you have the right to request a copy of any personal information that we hold about you. Naturally, we need to be sure that it’s you making the request so we’ll need 2 items of identification from you; these could be any two of the following:
Utility Bill (no more than three months old)
Bank Statement (current or up to three months old)
What is a cookie? Essentially it is a string of text containing information that a website transfers to the cookie file on your computer so that the website can remember who you are. It will usually consist of the name of the domain where the cookie originated, a value which is usually a randomly generated unique number and the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie.
Why do you need them? Cookies help websites arrange content to match your interests more quickly but don’t worry you can’t be identified by cookies alone.
Can I disable cookies? Yes, of course, you may accept or decline cookies or you can modify the settings in your browser but remember that if you disable cookies you may not be able to use all of the interactive features of websites
If we make any significant changes to the policy for instance how we use your personal information then we’ll notify you by email.
Finally, if you have any queries about this policy please get in touch with us at:
Data Protection Officer
Bankhouse Hotel, Spa and Golf
Or by e-mail: email@example.com